Cartoonists are usually hidden away from the world for every day of the year except one – the day the Reuben award is given. This is an award which is named after Reuben. The National Cartoonist’s Society membership has nominated various cartoonists in different categories. The announcement of the winners will be on the 28th May at Tennessee in Memphis.
Here are the predictions:
· The Comic Book Division Award nominees are Ben Caldwell for Prez, Erica Henderson for Squirrel Girl, and Max Sarin for Giant Days. However, many feel that Giant Days needs to win as it is engaging and it does not have the world ending cataclysms. However, Squirrel Girl of Marvel is sure to win.
· For the Editorial Cartoon Award, Ramirez, Luckovich, and Telnaes have been nominated, and Ramirez should definitely win as this is his third straight nomination. However, we feel that Telnaes will win due to her sharp cartoons.
· The Gag Cartoon Division award nominees include LeLievre, Schwartz, and Sipress. Schwartz should win, but we feel that Spiress will win.
· The Animation feature division should be won by Inside Out, but it will be won by the Peanuts movie.
· The television animation division will be won by Tumble Leaf, and Emdin will win the newspaper illustration award.